Saturday, March 27, 2010

pop my cherry

Everyone has a first blog post and this is mine. Hopefully it will be memorable. I'm in my upper twenties and have recently moved into my first home with my husband (whom I shall refer to as "Zucchini"). We live in Victoria Australia.

I plan to blog about cooking, general house stuff and life in general. I hope you enjoy!

Now on to the juicy stuff. I will share with you my absolute favourite slice recipe. This recipe was given to me by my grandma, who considers herself a wonderful cook (but in truth, this would have to be one of the only things that she makes that's actually edible). Don't let that put you off though, it really is a delicious slice and I always receive many compliments whenever I make it. So here it is...

ELDELICIO SLICE (aka chocolate slice... thought that name was a bit boring)

2 packets of marie biscuits (crushed)
2 tablespoons cocoa
200g butter (melted)
1 tin condensed milk (395g)
2 tablespoons golden syrup
200g block hazelnut chocolate - chopped (I actually like to use 2 packets...as some does get eaten during the cooking process....)

Step 1: Combine crushed maries biscuits, melted butter, cocoa, condensed milk and golden syrup. Press into a slice tray and place in fridge.

Step 2: Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.

Step 3: Pour melted chocolate over the slice to create a delicious top layer.

Step 4: Return tray to the fridge for at least one hour.

Step 5: Cut into slices and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment